Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Frank Carpin on baseball cards

Frank Carpin pitched for the Pirates in 1965 and the Astros in 1966. In 49 major league games, all in relief, he went 4-1 with 3 saves and a 3.74 ERA. Now a financial adviser at Oppenheimer & Co. in Richmond, VA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Unfortunately most of my card collecting days are well behind me…I don’t have any particular stories about my card or those of former teammates or friends, except I have kept cards of my 1965 PITTSBURGH PIRATES TEAM in the form of a large framed picture  in my den……THAT was a special year for me and I will always feel close to that team……  

Three  college friends also played major league ball and so I do cherish the cards of CARL YASTRZEMSKI, JIM HANNAN  and TOM CARROLL……..WE WERE AT NOTRE DAME TOGETHER…..GO IRISH!

I have a good set of my boyhood idols the BROOKLYN DODGERS circa 1955 1956. "
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment