Thursday, June 15, 2017

Jim Thrift on baseball cards

Infielder Jim Thrift played in the Athletics organization in 1984, and, after injuries ended his career prematurely, later coached and managed for several years in the Mets and Reds organizations. Now a realtor at Coldwell Banker in Bradenton, FL, he kindly answered my questions on baseball cards.

"Most of my cards that I consider valuable date back to late late 50's to mid 60's. I enjoyed collecting when I was about 6, which was 1968, and I was able to collect quite a few Clemente, Mantle, Aaron etc from the late 50's forward. I still manage to collect cards today but just casually through yard sales, antique stores etc. I've kept tons of memorabilia over the years and it's stored in large boxes."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment