Monday, February 20, 2012

Larry Broadway on baseball cards

Larry Broadway played eight seasons in the Montreal, Washington and Pittsburgh organizations, hitting 104 minor league home runs. Now Director of Minor League Operations for the Pittsburgh Pirates, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.


- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
Not so much a favorite, but my Savannah Sand Gnats card that has a picture of me holding some meat from a local grocery store that was sponsoring our set that year is pretty funny to me... I do enjoy grilling...

- Do you collect baseball cards?
Not a real collector... Used to when I was young and I still actually have a binder somewhere with a bunch of old cards in it. I haven't bought a pack of cards in probably 20 years though. I do have all of my own personal cards though for memory's sake...


Thanks! Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of the Sand Gnats card. Any of you readers have it?

1 comment:

  1. I adore Larry Broadway! He will always be my favorite Columbus Clipper!!

    ReplyDelete