Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Timmie Morrow on baseball cards

Timmie Morrow played seven seasons in the Rangers organization, twice reaching AAA. In 632 games he hit 44 home runs and stealing 102 bases. Now the manager of the Orlando Tigers 14U and 16U teams, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite card of myself is the home run hitting contest. April 18, 1994 I played with the Texas Rangers minor League Tulsa Drillers AA. On that date the Drillers had an exhibition game against the Rangers at Drillers stadium. I defeated Ivan Rodriguez, Jose Canseco, Dean Palmer, Chris James and Roger Luce of the Drillers by hitting 8 homers in only 13 swings. I do not collect baseball cards. All the cards I have are of myself."

Thanks! I don't have his 1994 Tulsa Drillers card, but I do have his 1992 Charlotte Rangers card from Classic/Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment