Thursday, December 10, 2020

Very old and very new

 Blog reader Ken sent me a great trade package in exchange for the Kelloggs cards I recently won from Johnny's Trading Spot as well as some '64s. Here is what I got:

Here are the oldest cards. I love the interlocking KC on Bill Renna, and the wall behind Cuno Barragon dented by countless errant throws.

Lots of nice additions to my '65 set. Big names including Bobby Richardson, Don Zimmer (my first of him as a player), Nellie Fox and Red Schoendienst.
'66 had some notables too, like Joe Torre and Jim Kaat. I love the old-style Reds uniform on Leo "Chico" Cardenas (he goes by both names on the card). The I in Cincinnati aligns so well with the 1 in his number and his red belt loop that it looks like a stripe on the uniform.
Some early seventies goodness too, including a Chris Chambliss rookie and the last '72 Boyhood Photos card I needed.
Finally, we jump almost 50 years to a nice selection of 2020 Series Two, my first cards from the second half of the set.


5 comments:

  1. Ken is a very generous guy. I just got a nice box of football cards from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torre's a good get.

    That '72 design definitely stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like those kelloggs' worked out for you. BTW, your Dec. Bingo winnings left out today. I also got your PWE. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great pickups, congrats. The '72 set is so distinctive and still fun to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with a good 'Caveman' Torre!

    ReplyDelete