Saturday, April 11, 2020

Card and vintage things: stamps

One quirky thing about my blog is that I don't really like to respond to comments as other blog comments. I get notifications about comments in my emails and don't like to get notifications of my own comments. It's weird, I know, just a personal quirk. Replying to some recent comments, my 1981 Topps checklist thing was supposed to be a comparison of the best two players next to each other, not overall. And I clearly missed the boat on Clay Kirby in Candlestick Park, I must have been looking at newer pictures of the stadium.

When I posted the 1982 Fleer Stamps the other day, I got a question about the size of them next compared to a postage stamp. Here is one next to a 1975 13 cent stamp.
 I got that stamp and a few hundred more in a collection I picked up for free a few years ago. There were stamps from about the 1960s-1980 across many countries. I'm really only interested in keeping a few and would be happy to trade the rest for cards or something else interesting. Though, speaking of stamps, I don't want to go to the post office before the quarantine ends (I live in one of the highest-risk areas), and based on the most recent news, the post office itself might not survive to the end of the quarantine, so I might have to find a new way to ship cards to people, and I've got a lot of trade piles waiting to go out.

Several of the stamps were still on scraps of envelopes with postmarks. Here is the oldest, from August 2, 1965. The oldest baseball stamps in my collection are a couple of 1969 Topps, including this Tony Oliva.
 Most of the stamps are loose but some are in an album. Here is a 1969 "First Man on the Moon" and a 1964 New York World's Fair. I thought it was appropriate to show them with a 1969 card with a recycled photo of a Met with that World's Fair patch from years earlier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs Katrina Bennett, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.alusi helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.alusi helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor alusi can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things.I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [dr.alusistanley@gmail.com] or +2348146050373.

    ReplyDelete