Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A '71 pickup

While everyone else is picking up the '71 design in '20 Heritage, I picked up some of the originals off eBay - 169 cards for $15 shipped is a great deal for '71s, even if they are in poor shape (I almost never see '71s in very good condition).

39 of the cards were new to me. Some big rookies (Blyleven, Grich) and a couple other Hall-of-Famers (Marichal, Bunning). The four cards on the bottom were high numbers.
 130 cards to add to the trade pile. Who's working on a '71 set? Some of the big names include blogger favorites Hoyt Wilhelm and Phil Niekro. The three cards on the bottom are high numbers.

4 comments:

  1. sweet deal! Someone will certainly take you up on a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pick up at a great price. Already finished up my 71 set. I have a stack of dups somewhere. When I run across them I will see if I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bo, I still have 3 stuffed team bags sitting here (2020 Topps). let's trade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even for an off-condition lot, it seems like you got that for much less than someone should've been able to.

    ReplyDelete