Monday, October 21, 2019

Trade with Night Owl

I recently completed yet another trade with Night Owl. While I sent a large number of cards, they were almost all junk wax. In return he sent me a really generous trade package.

In one of his recent posts he mentioned upgrading one of his written-on '56s. I made a comment saying that I was interested in the card, but understood if he didn't want to give that up for some junk wax. Night Owl not only included that card but several others, with some big names:
Not only that but he included some other '50s and '60s cards that I needed.
'50s Bowman! Moose Skowron! This would have made a nice return package for the cards I sent him, but that's not all. He threw in a huge chunk of my 2018 and 2019 wantslists.
AND a few more modern cards, mostly Yankees.
Check out that Aaron Judge card - it's my favorite from this trade package, at least with the modern cards. It was not a card I was aware of before. Why is it my favorite? On the back is a writeup on the game of August 15, 2016. I was there!






3 comments:

  1. Generous package for sure! The image on that Skowron card is excellent. I wouldn't want to make that guy angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a happy coincidence with the last card. I never read the backs of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool that there's a card out there documenting a game you attended. That's pretty much the only reason I'd ever go out and buy a Topps Now card.

    ReplyDelete