Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Traveling in time to 2019

First off, about yesterday's post. I'm a pretty straight-laced guy, and it never occurred to me that street bag would have another meaning . . .

Diamond Jesters did another round of his "Time Travel Trading" this year, and I figured it would be a good way to pick up my first 2019s. I sent him a bunch of '70s cards for these:
I'm glad that Topps returned full stats to the backs. I also like the colorful borders and backs. The card stock seems a little thinner but maybe that's my imagination.

A few days later I bought a collection that included some '50s cards. I had a '59 dupe and swapped it to Matt for this great 1960 card of a Cub who looks suspiciously like a Red, produced at a time when the whole country was suspicious of Reds.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another great trade! I think this is your 5th with me, so needless to say, the project wouldn't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete