Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Paleontologists and four-year-olds

Like most kids his age (4), my son loves dinosaurs. He can probably name 50 or more of them. My sister read somewhere that the world's leading experts on dinosaurs are paleontologists and four-year-olds. I know when I was his age I was a big dinosaur fan too.

When Dime Boxes posted this 1994 Ogden Raptors set on his blog last week, I knew I had to have them, so I bought the cheapest team set on eBay that day. I showed them to my son and he liked them, even though he knows these cards are for Daddy.

The set is extremely repetitive, but what a picture to repeat! I don't think any of these guys but coach Rich Morales ever made the major leagues.
Here is a close-up of one of the cards, the only one where the photographer zoomed in a bit.

2 comments:

  1. That dinosaur park sure has changed a lot over the years, but it's still there. It's much more of an attraction now. We actually took our kids trick or treating there at a Halloween event last fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smack dab in the middle is my childhood best friend... Chris Amos.

    ReplyDelete