Thursday, April 11, 2019

Big street trade

On Monday I bought a large collection with both vintage and modern components. I'm still working my way through it but there were a lot of great vintage cards. Tons of baseball stars (and 1000s of commons) from the '76-'80 range. Also a little bit of basketball - about 10 Michael Jordans and a few '72 cards. I don't think I've ever owned a 1970s basketball card before. I knew Al the street vendor can always use vintage baseball stars, especially Yankees and Mets, and he's always bugging me about Jordan and vintage basketball, even common vintage hoops sell fast for him. I posted them on Twitter when I got them, in case a blogger wanted them. No one did, so I traded them to Al yesterday.

I ended up giving Al 70 cards and got 35 back, with him owing me 35 more. While I was there he sold a '73 Murcer, '75 Chambliss and '77 Munson to a guy in an expensive suit for $45, which can give you an idea of what he is able to sell these cards for on an NYC street.

Here is what I picked out from three of Al's boxes. One vintage card and a bunch of interesting modern ones.

2 comments: