Thursday, September 20, 2018

Rich Schultz on baseball cards

New Jersey-based photographer Rich Schultz in an award-winning photojournalist who has photographed all of the major sports. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Topps no longer has a photo staff, all their cards are from images made by photographers from Getty Images, for whom I shoot for. Each game I shoot, 20 images go out live to their news desk and are distributed to editorial clients all over the world. Within a few days of each game, we send additional images out to their archives. Most baseball cards are from these stock images, such as batting and pitching moments and not very memorable. It's rare that a key play is used.

I collected baseball cards as a kid and have them in the basement somewhere.

The first image of mine that appeared on a card was Mets pitcher Zach Wheeler.

Sorry I don't have any interesting stories but I normally don't know what cards are mine until months after.
"


Thanks! Taking a guess that this might be the cards, seems similar to other photos of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment