Friday, January 25, 2013

Troy Neel on baseball cards

Troy Neel played for the Oakland A's from 1992 to 1994, finishing seventh in the Rookie-of-the-Year voting in 1993 after hitting .290 with 19 HR and 63 RBI. After his US career, he played six seasons in Japan and one in Korea. Now the President of the Port Vila Game Fishing Club in Vanuatu, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"There were some cards of me that I preferred over other ones but I couldn't tell you which ones without having them in front of me.  There were so many card companies then and so many cards.  I did collect cards way back in the day when I was young but when I went off to college Mom cleaned out my room and threw them out.  I remember having some really good ones from my brothers who were a lot older then me as well as the ones I collected from the 60's and 70's."

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. And the reason he no longer lives in the US:

    https://www.oag.state.tx.us/cs/evaders/evader_detail.php?id=42

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bo, interesting that you got a response.
    I hate to be snarky, but I think it's safe to say he never threw out any of his kids' cards, cards owned by his two kids in Texas, at least.

    http://www.greatest21days.com/2010/12/troy-neel-another-name-469.html

    ReplyDelete