Monday, January 7, 2013

Connor Powers on baseball cards

First baseman Connor Powers was the Padres' 21st round draft pick in 2010. This year, at Class A Lake Elsinore, he hit .239 with 10 HR and 50 RBI. He also owns Dead Red Hitting, which provides hitting instruction videos. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite card of mine is from this past season with the Lake Elsinore Storm because the picture on the card is me playing 3rd Base! I had played 3rd base up until my junior year of college when I moved across the diamond.  
 
I have tons and tons of baseball cards at home in a big box from growing up.  My friends and I would always ride our bikes to the card store and buy a pack of Leaf cards."

Thanks! I don't have his Lake Elsinore card, but here is one I do have from 2010 Donruss Elite.

No comments:

Post a Comment