Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ryan Pineda on baseball cards

Second baseman Ryan Pineda was the 28th round pick of the A's in 2010. In 2012, at Class-A Stockton, he hit .249 with 4 HR and 28 RBI. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I don't have many cards of myself so its hard to have a favorite, but I would say my Topps one from when I was first drafted. It's my favorite because it just happened to be my first professional game ever when the picture was taken. I signed late so it was pretty crazy that they got me in that game.
I do have a pretty cool story about that card too. I was looking for some on eBay to get my family and friends. I guess they have different versions of it that are limited edition, so I bought all the limited ones I could. But then I saw some guy was selling the printing plate that they used to print the card and it was one of a kind. I would've paid anything to get that and he only wanted 25 dollars!! So I was excited to get that.

I never was one to collect baseball cards. I was more into Pokemon cards and other things like that. I did have a few Ken Griffey Jr. rookie cards though because he was my favorite player growing up.
"

Thanks!

1 comment: