Saturday, January 26, 2013

Baseball card story from Pete O'Brien

First baseman Pete O'Brien played twelve seasons in the major leagues for the Rangers, Indians and Mariners, hitting 169 career home runs. His best season was 1986, when he finished 17th in the AL MVP voting, hitting .290 with 23 HR and 90 RBI. Now the owner of the AtPeace Flotation Spa in Colleyville, TX, he kindly shared this baseball card story.

"My favorite was probably the one where the bat was completely sawed in half by a pitch. My teammates mentioned that it looked like I was running a relay race with the baton in my hand."
 
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, superb information regarding baseball. I love baseball and when I get time i play with my new formed team at my university. I also collect my baseball bat and gloves from at PIJ. Its really awesome and nice. I am happy to collect these from there. :)
    http://bit.ly/matsui-sign

    ReplyDelete