Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dave Filak on baseball cards

Dave Filak was the Braves' fourth round draft pick in 2010. In 2012, he pitched at Class-A Rome, going 5-9 with a 5.67 ERA, striking out 102 batters in 101.2 innings. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The only real story I have about baseball cards is when I found out there was a card made of me. A fan had come up to me asking for my autograph...now I had signed team catalogs and a few pictures before this but I had never had a card. Seeing myself on a card was so cool. I told the guy I had never seen one of my cards before. He had a few extra and offered to give me one for my personal collection. So I gratefully accepted his offer. I still keep that card in my locker to this day! I actually don't collect other cards...just the ones of me I try to find to give away to my family and friends."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment