Monday, January 28, 2013

Madison Younginer on baseball cards

Pitcher Madison Younginer was Boston's seventh round draft pick in 2009. In 2012, he pitched for three Red Sox minor league teams - GCL Red Sox, Lowell and Greenville. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My first card made was done by Tristar. That one was special being my first, but more importantly because it pictured me hitting in a pre-draft tournament. As a pitcher that's something most card enthusiasts always mention when asking me to sign. 
When I was a kid I collected thousands of baseball cards. I always had a box in my stocking Christmas morning. One of the coolest things was our local store would give us a pack of cards if we had all "A's" on our report card. I'll never forget walking in there and proudly handing over my report card to the store clerk. 

Baseball cards have a big impact on the fan side of the sport. I always try to sign when we have time because I know that as a little kid it would make my day. Baseball wouldn't be the same without them."

Thanks! I don't have the Tristar card, but here is one I do have from Topps Pro Debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment