Sunday, November 12, 2023

The Wright Lot

I'm still spending too much on vintage cards, reined it down some but still need to do more. That doesn't mean I bid on cheap modern lots if I stumble across them. Such was the case for this random lot of Jaret Wright cards I picked up - 33 for a dollar. I needed 17 so that's good. Wright wasn't a big star but he had a great rookie season, and he was a Yankee late in his career. These were all from his Cleveland days.

Lots of parallels and inserts, like the glossy Fleer Tradition. The Leaf card is very shiny though that doesn't show up here. My favorite is the Action Packed card. Whatever he is sitting on is much too big to be dugout stairs. My guess is that he is in the stands of a minor league ballpark. Fun card.

Lots of leftover Wright cards to trade, including a shiny Flair Showcase.


2 comments:

  1. I remember buying boxes of 1994 Signature Rookies baseball and Wright was one of the guys I was hoping to pull. He was a high draft pick and one of the most valuable cards in the set at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recognize his name, but even so, that sure was a lot of cards for a buck!

    ReplyDelete