Friday, February 9, 2018

Breckin Williams on baseball cards

Breckin Williams was the Diamondbacks' fourth-round pick in 2015. He put up good numbers that year, missed all of 2016 with injury, and returned strong in 2017. In 27 games so far, mostly at Class-A Hillsboro, he is 3-0 with 2 saves and a 2.57 ERA, striking out 36 batters in 27.1 innings. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I remember having to sign 2,500 little name tags for Panini right after I was drafted and that took me forever haha but that’s about it. 

I do not have a favorite card of myself yet. I never imagined to be on a card and to be on a few is something I think is really cool. 

 I do not collect baseball cards. I never really have. I think at a young age I realized that I didn’t take care of stuff like that very well haha. Probably was best for me to avoid them so I don’t damage any that I might have gotten my hands on."
Thanks!

1 comment: