Sunday, February 11, 2018

Alex Young on baseball cards

Alex Young was the Diamondbacks' second-round pick in 2015, and has moved quickly through the organization. At AA Jackson in 2017, he went 9-9 with a 3.68 ERA in 27 games. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"So my favorite story that I have of signing cards was some guy who was from Japan. He had sent me a couple cards and along with it had some origami paper thing with the Dbacks logo on it. He also had an image of me that he had hand drawn. It was really cool to get, especially from someone that was all the way in Japan. 

My favorite cards of me are the college ones, especially the ones with my former teammates. 
 
I used to collect baseball cards all the time when I was younger... I had probably three books worth of cards. Probably one of my favorite ones is Roger Clemens rookie card. Fun Fact: use to collect Pokémon cards all the time when I was younger and probably had everyone you could possibly think of."


Thanks! I don't have any of his college cards but here is one from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment