Thursday, September 14, 2017

Baseball card stories from Clint Everts

Clint Everts pitched eleven seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Expos/Nationals and Blue Jays organizations. In 341 games he went 41-46 with 23 saves and a 4.11 ERA. Now Baseball Coach at St. John's School in Houston, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Growing up, I collected lots of baseball cards, I have probably a few thousand. I haven’t looked at those cards in a long time, I may need to dig around the attic and find them.

As far as your questions,I don’t really have much. When I was drafted, I went to take a picture for one of the Expos cards, and when I showed up the guy didn’t have a hat or a jersey. He was wearing a Yankees hat, so I put that on. It was easily 3 sizes too big for me. I had on a collared shirt at the time so that's what I wore. He took the picture and I thought "well that was weird". When the card came out, they ended up photoshopping the Montreal symbol over the Yankee hat, and photoshopped a Montreal jersey on top of my collared shirt. Easily not my favorite card.
This is the one I’m talking about:

My favorite one was the first one that was made. It was actually a picture from when I was in high school playing shortstop.


I have always liked baseball cards, and to me, it feels like no one does it anymore. I am glad someone out there still feels the same way I do about collecting."

 Thanks! I don't have either of those cards, but here is one from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment