Saturday, September 30, 2017

Baseball card stories from Brian McFall

Outfielder-1B Brian McFall played in the Royals organization from 2003 to 2009. In 666 games he hit .255 with 93 HR and 418 RBI. Now Manager, Financial Analytics at Viwa Sports and Entertainment in Scottsdale, AZ, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.


"I don't really have any big time stories other than the fact that I was selected to be a "draft pick" card in the 2003 Topps set. Which understandably is now my favorite card as well.

 
Although I am retired, I still get cards to sign from time to time, although it is slowing a bit.
During the days I was getting a lot of cards and fan mail everyday, I always tried to make sure I got all of the cards signed and back to the original requester, although I am sure I missed some. So you can certainly let people know that if they want to send any cards in to my place of business now, which is Viwa Sports and Entertainment in Scottsdale, AZ, I would be happy to sign any other cards.
I have an 8 year old son who I passed my childhood collection card down to. I wasn't the best at collecting cards because I was busier actually playing baseball.. I do have a favorite though... Its probably between two cards. A Manny Ramirez draft pick card and a Derek Jeter Star Rookie."

 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment