Monday, December 5, 2016

Street trade - what I got for some Wade Boggs cards

In a blog post a few days ago Night Owl said that seeing Wade Boggs as a Yankee was just wrong, and the only accomplishment he thought of for him as a Yankee was riding that horse. Actually Boggs did a lot more than that as a Yankee, driving in the game winning run in Game 4 of the World Series (the Jim Leyritz game), winning his only two Gold Gloves, and was named an All-Star and hit over .300 in four of his five seasons in the Bronx. And he was popular enough that Al the street vendor wanted some Boggs cards as a Yankee a while back, and quickly he sold them all and wanted some more. In exchange for five Wade Boggs cards (two Topps, two Upper Deck and a Collectors Choice) I got these:

I'm pretty sure I passed this one in his box a couple of other times. This time I noticed that it was actually a game-worn jersey card - the color of the jersey blends in perfectly with the photo. It would be really cool if the jersey in the photo is the one the swatch came from.
 I always try to pull something shiny.
 Finally, I thought "Saber Stars" sounded cool, I don't think I've seen these in person before. (Sometimes I forget if I actually own a card or if I've just seen it on blogs a few times).

No comments:

Post a Comment