Friday, December 4, 2015

Travis Driskill on baseball cards

Travis Driskill pitched five years in the major leagues for the Orioles, Rockies and Astros. In 57 games he went 11-14 with a 5.23 ERA. Now a broadcaster for the minor league Round Rock Express, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"No real stories behind any cards in particular but as a child of the 70's and 80's seeing my picture on a Topps baseball card of me in the big leagues is one of those "oh wow" moments. 
 
The only card that I know that I can for certain say I have on display is a Burt Hooton Dodger card that I had him sign when he was my pitching coach and colleague when I played and coached in Astro system.   

I collected a few autographs during my career of some big names that I played with or against but my baseball memorabilia is small and is able to be displayed in a small cabinet in my home in Texas."

Thanks! He also shared this picture of his framed baseball cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment