Saturday, December 12, 2015

Peter Maestrales on baseball cards

Peter Maestrales played six seasons in the Giants, Royals, Orioles and Cardinals organizations. In 469 games he hit .278 with 30 HR and 177 RBI. Now the founder and CEO of Airstream Jets, a business aircraft company, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I have collected cards in the past, and still have my collection although I am not actively collecting right now.  Maybe one day.

I recently put one of my minor league cards in a small plastic display stand and gave it to my daughter as a gift, she is 2.5 years old.  I never imagined how much she would cherish that simple little gift.  She keeps it in her little pink Mizuno bag and brings it everywhere she goes.  
I never got to play in the majors, so this card has zero monetary value.  But not to her, at 2.5 years old there is simply no sum of money great enough that she would give up her baseball card with "Daddy" on it (obviously doesn't understand the concept of money yet).      
So for me, it's a beautiful little reminder that you cannot put a price tag some things, they are free, and they truly are the very best parts of this life."

Thanks! He shared these photos of his card and of his daughter.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment