Sunday, December 13, 2015

Francisco Matos on baseball cards

Infielder Francisco Matos played thirteen seasons of professional baseball. He made the majors in 1994 with the Oakland A's, hitting .250 in fourteen games. Now a minor league hitting coach for the Texas Rangers, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Having grown up in a little town back in the Dominican Republic, becoming a pro-baseball player was huge for me, but getting the opportunity to come play in the states and getting my first baseball card was also nice - that way I could bring the people of my town a little present. Due to the baseball strike back in 94 I only have one big league card made by Pacific Collection so I would say that’s my favorite one. I do not collect them."
Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one I do have from 1991 Line Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment