Friday, December 11, 2015

Ryan Prahm on baseball cards

Ryan Prahm pitched five seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Indians organization. In 81 games he went 14-8 with 15 saves and a 2.92 ERA. Unfortunately an elbow injury ended his career prematurely. Now an attorney at Pugh Hagan Prahm in Coralville, IA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I loved baseball cards as kid. Every bit of allowance went to feed my addiction. I saved months for the McGwire Olympic card ($20). It was like buying a car at 10 years old. I have more valuable cards but that is my most meaningful. Having my own card was a fulfillment of a childhood dream. I only wish I made it far enough to have a card produced in the mainstream. Pulling my card from a hobby pack would have been surreal. I am not an active collector, but I still buy on occasion when trying to get my own kids hooked or when I'm feeling nostalgic."

Thanks! He has two cards, from 2002 Kinston and 2004 Kinston. I couldn't find any pictures of them online - do any of you readers have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment