Friday, September 4, 2015

Player Profile: Paul Ah Yat

I have one card of Paul Ah Yat, from 1999 Baseball America.

Playing career: Paul Ah Yat pitched six seasons in the minor leagues, mostly in the Pirates organization. In 149 games he went 40-32 with a 3.59 ERA.

Where he is now: An enforcement agent for the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands.

My memories: I have been integrating my various card purchases of the last year into my collection, and am at the point where I am starting to write profiles for players I hadn't had cards of before. That includes a fair amount of research as well as attempting to interview the player if possible, which is why this profile comes up two days after I was able to interview him for this blog.

Google Autocomplete results: He is first when you type Paul Ah , ahead of Paul Ah Cook, President of Paradise Beverages. There do not appear to be any other prominent Paul Ah Yats.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Efrain Alamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment