Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Eduardo Villacis on baseball cards

Eduardo Villacis made his major league debut for the Kansas City Royals on May 1, 2004. It ended up being his only major league game. Later that month he was claimed on waivers by the White Sox. This led to Topps photoshopping him into a uniform he was never in. Villacis, who went 29-17 with a 3.57 ERA in a six-year minor league career and who is now pitching coach for the Cubs' Venezuela Summer League team, wrote about it when answering my questions about baseball cards.

"One of my cards I have of myself is with the White Sox uniform when i pitched with KC at NY in my debut. Why? I don't know, but i think it has to be because of the contract rights.
 

2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Gold is one of my favorites. On this card I'm in the KC uniform but it has a SOX shield in the middle and I do not why.

I don't collect cards either. It is fun but I do not collect."
Thanks! I will explain to him about how card companies like to put new logos and sometimes photoshop new uniforms onto cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment