Friday, March 30, 2012

Player Profile: Johnny Ard


I have two cards of Johnny Ard. This one is from 1990 Bowman.

Playing Career: The Twins' first round draft pick in 1988, Johnny Ard went 32-16 in his first three years of professional baseball. After the 1990 season he was traded to the Giants for Steve Bedrosian, got hurt, and never made the major leagues. You can read more about his playing career at The Greatest 21 Days, which has profiled him twice.

My memories: I remember the name from the Bedrosian trade, that’s all.

Where he is now: Coaches the 12-and-under Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks and Recreation Authority All-Stars in Georiga.

Google Autocomplete Results: He is first when you type Johnny Ard, ahead of Johnny Argent, the boyfriend of Roseanne Barr. Another prominent Johnny Ard is an Army MP.

Coming up next: The next profile will be J.P. Arencibia.

2 comments:

  1. this is my cousin, how can I get one of his cards?
    thanks
    kwboxergirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my cousin, how can I get one of his cards?
    thanks
    kwboxergirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete