Friday, March 16, 2012

Card stories from Éric Cyr

Éric Cyr pitched nine seasons of professional baseball, reaching the major leagues with the Padres in 2002. Now a Sales Representative at Sherbrooke Audi in Quebec, he kindly answered my questions about cards. 
- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
I was
a big Hockey Card collector when I was a kid but I had no idea of the value before I got older. My story is that I played hockey with my cards with a puck of a board game. I had a Wayne Gretzky rookie card at that time that was worth around $900 mint, believe me mine was not mint after playing with my favorite Hockey player. I got $15 out of it - the card was bent from all corners and even the middle. I wish I would have known better.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
The best
card of myself will always be the one from the Québec Pee-Wee tournament, I was about 12 years old and this was my first card ever. Mike Ribeiro was on my team and I still have our team set. 
 - Do you collect baseball cards?
I still have a bunch of cards from when I
was a kid, like Eric Lindros rookie cards and a few sets. I am still trying to get cards of myself that I am missing. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment