Friday, April 1, 2011

David Haas reveals an error

David Haas pitched nine years of professional baseball, including three years in the major leagues with the Tigers. Now the owner of All Baseball Inc., a Kansas-based baseball instruction company, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards by revealing an error in 1992 Fleer.  
"One thing that I can mention is my picture on the front of fellow Tiger John Kiely's card. The front of 1993 Fleer Ultra 551 David Haas is strikingly similar to John Kiely's Fleer 1992 U-24. It was a running joke between the two of us as he always felt I was favored in my advancement through the minor leagues over him because of computer errors. I have only personally seen the one card he showed me himself and have no copies of the production error."

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I had notice recently a lot of issues with John Kiely's cards...I have one with a BIG MISTAKE OR ERROR....I remember a Kiely card (Leaf or Fleer) with his name and picture in front,but at the back of the card it was a batter(position player) Stats....and from the names of those minor leagues teams and some games played with Yankees,I'd discovered It was
    Pat Kelly's Stats.....I still have that card,but I think its not reported to Becketts....Georgie from Puerto Rico..

    ReplyDelete