Monday, March 7, 2011

Some Topps additions

I went to the flea market this weekend and picked up a whole bunch of 1980, 1981, 1984 and 1985 Topps cards. I now am down to needing about 30-40 cards for each set. For some reason I need far more from 82 and 83. Lots of fun cards that I'll be showing over the next few days, like Larry Parrish's velour Expos pajamas.

One thing I really found interesting was the backs of the 1985s. There were lots of interesting and informative blurbs there. I know Night Owl is considering doing a 1985 Topps blog - here's hoping he pays attention to these if it comes to pass.

Two years ago I posted a 1982 Jesse Orosco card that said he "likes to paint and sculpture." Three years later they still couldn't get it right, saying he enjoys "sculpturing."

On a more serious note, they noted the Vietnam service of both Bill Campbell and Bob Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment