Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hunter Jones on baseball cards

Hunter Jones was signed by the Red Sox as an undrafted free agent in 2005 and quickly rose through the ranks, making the major leagues with Boston in 2009 and Florida in 2010. He currently is providing pitching instruction at Pitch Like a Pro with Hunter Jones in Jupiter, FL while he rehabs from Tommy John surgery. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"When I was a kid my favorite ballplayer was Dale Murphy. I remember going to watch him play all the time in West Palm Beach during spring training games. I tried and tried but could never get his autograph. He always seemed to stop one kid before me haha. Anyhow I've heard he is a great guy and lost the longtime childish grudge. However, every spring I sign autographs until every kid that wants my signature has it."

Thanks! Here is a card of Jones from 2009 Topps.

No comments:

Post a Comment