Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mark Zappelli's favorite card

Mark Zappelli pitched six seasons in the Angels and White Sox organizations, going 24-17 with a 3.24 ERA. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I have to say that my favorite card of myself was when I played winter league in Venezuela. It was after a game and I was asked to autograph the card, and never knew that I had the card done. I was never able to get copy of the card myself. It was my favorite, because it surprised me and was never able to get copy for myself."

Thanks! I did find a picture of the Venezuelan card on ebay - am letting him know about in case he still wants it. Here is a Zappelli card I have, from 1992 Classic Best.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if he is aware that he has a card from Taiwan as well?

    ReplyDelete