Sunday, October 25, 2009

Interview with Gerald Smiley

Gerald Smiley pitched four years of professional baseball, mostly in the Rangers organization. He is now an associate scout for the St. Louis Cardinals. In addition, he runs Smiley's Baseball Institute where he is always on the lookout for any good high school baseball prospects, and is also a scout at Perfect Game Showcase. He kindly took the time from his busy schedule to answer my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?

1.Every city I go to coach or scout in, it seems like people find me and have a card handy. And I gladly sign them. It's the fans who support all of our paychecks. Without them there would be no baseball.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?

2. My favorite card of myself is the T264 Topps Platinum Rookie Card.
My favorite card of someone else is the Topps Rookie Card of Mark Teixeira.


- Do you collect baseball cards?

3. I used to as a kid. I stopped collecting cards in High School. I'm going to start back up though. That's a good hobby. My grandfather used to buy my boxes of Topps cards as a kid.

Thanks! Any high school baseball prospects interested in playing in Oklahoma should look him up.

1 comment: