Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Allan Anderson on baseball cards

Allan Anderson pitched for the Minnesota Twins from 1986 to 1991. He was the American League ERA champ in 1988, with a 2.45 ERA to go with his 16-9 record. The next year he led the team in wins, going 17-10. He now runs AA Sports, an indoor sports facility and baseball/softball clinic in Ohio. He kindly took the time to reply to my request for his thoughts about baseball cards.

"I didn't collect cards when I was a kid, I used them in my bike spokes. I like my rookie card the best, Topps. I have some cards during the time that I played."


Thanks!

Yankee fans remember that after his Twins career, he attempted a comeback with the Yankees that was ended by injury before he could pitch for the Bombers. Here is the only card of him in a Yankee uniform, from 1992 Stadium Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment