Thursday, July 23, 2009

Phil Lombardi's favorite card - found!

First off, thanks to Dinged Corners for their kind words about my ballplayer interviews. In the unlikely event you are unfamiliar with their blog, check it out immediately as it is one of the best out there. It's brought to my attention numerous funny and interesting baseball cards.

Second, thanks to Don at Trammell to Whitaker, who was able to locate the Doug Baker card that former Yankee Phil Lombardi said was his favorite.

Lombardi had written: "There is a card of a player Doug Baker. I think it was when he played for the Toledo Mud Hens in the mid 80's. He was wearing Kurt Rambis looking glasses and was in a catchers squat with his glove on backwards from what I can remember. Doug was a middle infielder with the Tigers. I saw it once but would like to see it again. In fact, I would buy it if you can find it! Could you track it down and send me a copy?"

I found his other Mud Hen card online, but Don has the genuine article, and it is a great card! Here is Don's scan:

Thanks, Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment