Thursday, August 8, 2024

Chad Brown on baseball cards

Chad Brown pitched five seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Blue Jays organization. His best season was 1993, when he went 2-0 with a NYPL-leading 10 saves and a 1.74 ERA for St. Catherines. Overall in 274 minor league games he went 22-30 with 27 saves and a 4.24 ERA. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners for Gaston County, NC, and the Republican candidate for Secretary of State of North Carolina. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Roy Halladay was my throwing partner and while shooting a card one day he skipped it to me hitting me in a bad spot. Photo shoot shut down for a few minutes. He got two balls with one strike. I gave my first Topps check to a friend who was a collector. He was always a big supporter so it was fun to know Topps still has outstanding check with my name on it I do have a favorite card, 1996 Hawaiian winter ball card just because it's Hawaii. I do collect with my son now. I'm in politics so I have a political card as well."

Thanks! He sent the photo above. I could not find a photo of the Hawaiian League card, from the 1996 HWB Maui Stingrays set.

4 comments:

  1. Thats really cool, and what a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card with the belts is really cool. I wonder if he and the governor sign them for their supporters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He got two balls with one strike"... Ha!

    ReplyDelete