Sunday, August 25, 2024

Cards from Night Owl

Always fun to get cards from Night Owl.

He found a few Dodgers that fit some Score set needs for me. He had also posted that Boggs card recently, and I had expressed my admiration for the card. I guess he had an extra. I love how it looks like he's on a grass field somewhere with a UFO landing nearby. Actually it's Shea Stadium at night during the 1986 World Series. Fleer used a lot of pregame photos from Shea in that series in their boxed sets in '87.

Some vintage too! Rich Gossage looks a little uncomfortable in that airbrushed Pirates uniform. Craig Swan looks a lot happier. And topping it off is some great Canadian vintage with two OPC cards!


3 comments:

  1. Gossage looks like a completely different person without the fu manchu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that Goose had been a Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took a long time to get that Gossage the first time, so was surprising when landed another one.

    ReplyDelete