Wednesday, August 7, 2024

A couple more lots

I bought a couple more pretty cheap lots. One turned out better than the other.

First the better one. This was 150 cards at a dime a card. Mostly 2022ish but at least it was a lot of shiny and minimal Bowman. Here's some of the shiniest.

Lots more newer cards.
There was plenty of older stuff too though. A few I needed like some of the Score Gold Rush but most are tradeables, like those '86 Rickey's and the Bo Breaker.
These were nice to find in the lot. 1982 Renata Galasso cards commemorating the 1961 Yankees. I already had Downing but needed the others.
Speaking of 1961, there was one vintage card in the lot, a 1961 Topps Christy Mathewson. I probably wouldn't have bought the lot if there wasn't this card.
The second lot wasn't as good as I thought. I also spent about a dime a card. The biggest draw for me was seeing a big pile of police cards. I have very few of those. They were all Braves. Unfortunately it turned out to be multiples of the same seven cards! There was actually one more than each of these as I took out one of each for Johnny before I took the photo. Hopefully there's another Braves collector out there or someone who PCs one or more of these guys. Apparently the Bob Watson is considered a short print but I had about ten of them here.
There were a couple of football police cards which was a nice surprise. I never had football police cards.
Speaking of Braves there were also these Braves oddballs, a stadium giveaway. They're pretty cool, including my first mascot autograph. I think I will keep my autograph binder to just players, though.
There were lots of junk wax cards, mostly Braves, but a few oddballs, though even most of those I had.
There were also two '88 Donruss cards that were in what appeared to be homemade card picture frames. They are made of plastic, and tip over very easily. Still, happy to send them along if someone is interested in them for displaying cards.
Judging by the backs, these cards may have been in the frames since 1988.

The only thing that could even partially this lot, which definitely wasn't worth the $20 I spent, would be a big-time vintage need.

Well, this helps. Not a $20 card, but for my second Washington Padre, it's a very cool card.



3 comments:

  1. That McCovey was one of those cards I wanted for a long, long time. I eventually picked it up about a decade ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Washington McCovey was a great find. I do have it although I still need 3 of the other Wash. cards, then again McCovey is a PC guy, lol. I do need those 3 Lykes Braves, and pretty sure I need those 82' Police Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bo Breaker is a classic card. I wish I still all of my childhood copies. I've tried to get a few in recent years, but they always show up with at least one badly dinged corner; which has been disappointing enough to keep me from no longer trying to get one.

    ReplyDelete