Saturday, March 6, 2021

Benny Castillo on baseball cards

Outfielder Benny Castillo played 11 seasons of professional baseball, including time in the Tigers, Rangers and Indians organizations. In 453 games he hit .258 with 36 HR, 209 RBI and 43 SB. Now the owner of the Cool Breeze Baseball Academy in Lakeland, FL, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Baseball cards were part of my childhood. Like every other kid, I have stories of my mother telling me to pick them up or they will be trashed. Well, they were. Hundreds of them.  

My favorite card is of Reggie Jackson kneeling. It just reminds me of when he played for the Yankees. He would kneel like that on the on deck circle.  Oh my! Fond memories of watching my favorite player.  

I don’t collect them anymore."



Thanks!




1 comment:

  1. I thought that he might've been talking about Reggie's '71 Topps card?

    ReplyDelete