Sunday, January 31, 2021

Turning stamps into stamps

 You may remember I posted a set of 1983 Fleer Stamps I purchased on eBay last month. It had been a "Buy it now" and it came with guaranteed delivery. That wasn't why I picked that one, it just happened to be the cheapest one available. As with most packages last month it arrived late. Turns out if you order something "Guaranteed Delivery" and it comes late, eBay gives you a $5 coupon. I ended up using mine to acquire a vintage baseball stamp lot. Nice little oddball addition to my vintage collection. Here was what was in the lot:

These two beauties are 1955 Golden Stamps. They look great and I will certainly be looking out for more I can get cheaply, though I think they usually go for more than I'm willing to pay.

These are 1969 Dell Stamps. No MLB license so no logos. This was a commons lot, biggest names were Mel Stottlemyre and Felipe Alou.
These from the 1971 MLB Stamps lot were licensed. Even less star power here. The one name you might recognize is Ron Reed.
Not stamps but these were also in the lot. What are they?
These were cutouts from some kind of publication. On the back you have a complete MLB schedule. 
Might be hard to tell from the photo but you have Milwaukee and Washington in the American League so this has to be 1970 or 1971. Sure enough Milwaukee was at Oakland May 18, 19, and 20 1971. I am guessing these are cutouts from the 1971 stamp album. 


2 comments:

  1. The last three cutouts are from the back of the DellStamps book..Each team book of stamps had a back page of 6 Alltime greats from said team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never come across a listing that said "Guaranteed Delivery". I wonder how many coupons eBay has had to give out this year because of the slow mail?

    ReplyDelete