Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Tyler Heineman on baseball cards

 Catcher Tyler Heineman played for the Marlins in 2019, the Giants in 2020 and has signed for the Cardinals for the 2021 season. In 20 major league games he has hit .208 with 1 HR and 3 RBI. In 604 minor league games he has hit .285 with 39 HR and 248 RBI. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I used to work at a card store! The Bullpen LA. Worked there for a couple of years. Used to collect hockey cards. Still have them. Favorite card is a 1979 OPC Wayne Gretzky rookie card PSA 8."


Thanks!




5 comments:

  1. Wow, worked at a card store and his favorite card is a Gretzky rookie! Pretty cool dude in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. He was able to afford a PSA 8 Gretzky rookie card working at a card shop? I need to change careers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, that is just up the street from me although I haven't gone in yet because of the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heineman just made some new fans among card collectors..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like he good of spared another story or two.

    ReplyDelete