Sunday, September 6, 2020

Wonderful vintage from Wax Pack Wonders

 It's hard to add a new regular trading buddy since I've just been doing PWEs since March. Wax Pack Wonders only started in April but we've already traded a few times. This time it was a vintage trade. As many of you know I don't really care about condition with vintage cards (or any cards, for that matter). For those of you who are, though - look into a trade with Jeff. These are some of the nicest conditioned vintage I've ever seen. Particularly the '63-'68 in the photo below - almost all look pack fresh, with the '63-'68 cards having four sharp corners. I've almost never seen that on a vintage card.

The back of the '66 Bobby Klaus has one of the strangest cartoons I've seen on a card. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be Bobby or his brother that's dressed like a woman.
(I know, it's supposed to be the mom. Mrs. Klaus, I guess. Doesn't really match with the way the caption is written, though.)


5 comments:

  1. Love it when vintage is in pack-fresh condition, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's suppose to be their mom in that cartoon? I just thought it was a female fan trying to score some free tickets to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Klaus cartoon is an odd one. And the Darold Knowles is one of my favorites from the '70 set. I picked one up for my All-Time Teams project last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a couple of early 80's cards from Jeff that were minty fresh as well, looks like their awesome condition wasn't a fluke.

    ReplyDelete