Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Steve Stone's favorite cards

Steve Stone pitched 11 years in the major leagues, winning 107 games. His best season was 1980, when he won the Cy Young Award with a 25-7, 3.23 ERA performance for the Orioles. Since his playing career he has had a long career as an announcer in Chicago, first for the Cubs and now for the White Sox. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards by replying with some of his favorites.

"I like the split card with me and Steve Carlton. I like the Pitcher of the Year card and the All-Star card."




Thanks!


5 comments:

  1. I like the Pitcher of the Year card.

    Cool that he responded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Elliptical Man. Steve Stone looks tough on that Pitcher of the Year card. It's great that he shared some of his favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He didn't list his '75 card as his favorite? That's MY favorite :) ... (Also, that '78 card of his screams the '70s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the only SS card that stands out to me is his 1981 Donruss Cy Young Award card. I'm kind of embarrassed since the 1981 Fleer card stands out and I have such a sentimental attachment to that set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stone is an awesome color analyst. I was pretty upset the Cubs let him go and happy the Sox picked him up. He's also a great interview on the Sports talk radio in town. Ask him a question and he's pretty much a lock to talk for a good 5 to 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete