Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Cards and vintage things: Pepsi ruler

A while back I had purchased a small cheap lot of 1960s/1970s pocket calendars. They didn't quite scratch the itch I had to have an old calendar on my desk. I've since found something I like better. It's a Pepsi/Diet Pepsi ruler with a calendar that stretches from September 1969 to December 1970. I keep it in my pen cup on my desk. I like the graphics, and can look at the calendar when I want to "mentally time travel".
 For this post I decided to pair it with cards from people who starred on the first day on the calendar, September 1, 1969.  Fortunately the Yankees won a game that day - Mel Stottlemyre beat the Pilots 6-1, with Bobby Murcer hitting two home runs.
The Yankees did lose a game that day too - they lost the second game of the double header, 5-1 in thirteen innings, after Lindy McDaniel blew a 1-0 lead in the ninth inning.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing that classic Pepsi logo. Didn't realize Diet Pepsi existed so far back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a couple of old tigers calendars around somewhere. Helps to remember the good old days

    ReplyDelete
  3. When our school librarian retired a few years ago, the new librarian cleaned house and dumped a bunch of old calendars and magazines in our staff lounge for teachers and staff to grab. There were some pocket calendars, but I was too excited about the old issues of Life Magazine... which I eventually let my students use for collages.

    ReplyDelete