Saturday, November 14, 2009

My three favorite on-card autographs

Dinged Corners has asked the blogging community to show off their three favorite on-card autographs. Here I am posting my most favorite and my least favorite - as I only have three. (I don't actively collect autographs but I enjoy the ones I've gotten.) I also have one sticker autograph card but that apparently doesn't count - I'm not really clear on how a signature on a card is better than a signature on a sticker.

This one came from David at TribeCards - George Williams was a backup catcher for Oakland in the mid-1990s.

And here are two Yankees I got a while back in a trade with Paul's Random Stuff. Brett Jodie made one start for the Yankees in 2001 before being traded to San Diego for the second coming of Sterling Hitchcock.

Lee Guetterman had a fine Yankee career for some bad teams. In 1989 he set a record for longest scoreless streak for a reliever to start a season - 30.2 innings.

2 comments:

  1. I, like you, haven't really noticed a difference. As I've gotten a few autos though, I've noticed I kind of favor the on card stuff - personal preference I guess.

    Also, if you want, I could send you some of the ttm autos I just got. I just won like 30 in a contest and a lot of them are pretty neat, and I know what it's like to have few autos (even now I have maybe 40 with that 30 haha). Let me know if you're interested - they're mostly Padres but some might be former Yankees or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind but you should see if someone who is an auto collector wants them first

    ReplyDelete