Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jeff Cirillo on baseball cards

Jeff Cirillo had an impressive 14 year major league career for six teams, mostly the Brewers, Rockies and Mariners. A .296 lifetime hitter, he had five straight seasons of 30 or more doubles from 1996 to 2000. He is now a part of the investor group that has brought professional baseball back to Walla Walla, WA for the first time in over 25 years; the Walla Walla Sweets will be making their West Coast League debut in 2010.

"I've collected autographs from 1973-1985. My dad still has the full collections from those years.

My favorite cards were 1975 George Brett and Robin Yount.

Favorite team was the Dodgers. Dusty Baker was my favorite Dodger.

My favorite card of mine is my rookie Topps card!"

Thanks! His 1995 Topps is his rookie card.


1 comment:

  1. Jeff Cirillo was one of the few bright spots during the very dark days in Milwaukee. I appreciated everything he brought to the club and he seemed like a geniunely nice guy.

    My college roommate and I actually named a pet snake after him. Cirillo sounded like a fine name for a snake.

    The one card that sticks out in my mind of Jeff, that I thought would be his favorite is one of him blowing a huge bubble on the front of the card. 1997 Pinnacle after doing some checking around.

    ReplyDelete